Controlled Asthma can be safely managed at school
- Students are welcome to keep an inhaler in my office
- Students are also welcome to carry their own inhaler
- To keep an inhaler at school fill out and return:
- Asthma Action Plan (see link below)
- Medication Administration Request (see link below)
- If your student is experiencing an increase in asthma exacerbations at school please contact me. We can work together to find possible exposure to triggers, or to create an individualized health plan for your child.
- If your student's asthma is uncontrolled or poorly controlled I have resources to help, please call me at 972-882-7822
In the event of an asthma attack you will be contacted. It is is unresolved and we cannot contact you, then EMS will be activated.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that the school has your up to date contact information