When your student is sick...
The decision to keep your sick child home can be difficult
Here are some things to consider:
- If your child is exhibiting symptoms of contagious conditions please keep them home, symptoms may include:
- vomiting or diarrhea more than twice in the previous 24 hours
- temperature of 100 or more in the previous 24 hours
- red eyes with purulent (thick and goopy) drainage
- Not all conditions require a visit to a medical provider, for this reason each child is issued 3 days of guardian excused absences, called "Parent Call Ins". Please inform your school nurse or attendance if you would like to use these.
- Notes from a medical provider will excuse the absence.
- If a student presents to the school clinic with symptoms of a communicable (contagious) condition, I will excuse them. Please keep in mind I have no diagnostic abilities.
- ALL ABSENCES (including excused) accrue and will disqualify your student from Final Exam Exemption
- Many conditions that would effect your child's ability to learn can be managed with passes, these include:
- diagnosed bowel or bladder control problems-we can write for extra restroom time
- Ambulatory needs (problems walking due to injuries) - extra time between classes and elevator use
- Chronic medical conditions requiring frequent calls home or clinic visits
We want every student to be at school EVERYDAY, however, conditions do arise that keep them away. I am here to help you through that process.
Call anytime between 8:10 and 4:10